Sunday, June 21, 2015

The “I believe” I chose to free write about is the last one on my list. “I believe mountain biking in the woods until you're lost and finding your way out before nightfall makes you appreciate the simple things in life.” Now, this is something I often did years back if ever I felt the world was caving in on myself or if I  just needed to get away for a couple of hours. In that particular time of my life I was in a standstill with the Army having to wait almost one year to leave for basic training. Every day was an internal battle; feeling as if I didn’t accomplish anything really got to me. So in hopes to aiding that feeling I started running in the forest which progressed to mountain biking down black diamond paths. One day I had gone a little too far and found myself scrambling to find my way out. Now, by no means is this a smart solution but it sure gave me a sense of accomplishment when I found the pavement again. 

118 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment